Protecting Your Privacy
- BTG is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information.
- This policy sets out the way we handle your personal information including the use and disclosure of personal information as well as your right to access the personal information BTG holds
- Open & Transparent Management
- In order to service our customers in the areas of employment services, training and personal development, and community services, BTG frequently need to collect personal information name, address, and employment status etc. BTG will manage personal information in an open and transparent way and have a clearly expressed and up to date policy.
- Whenever it is lawful or practicable, you have the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym in relation to a particular matter.
- In order to deliver our services, BTG will need to collect such personal information as:
- name, address, email address, telephone number, emergency contact details
- employment history, education details, qualifications
- employment status and details
- some health information
However, BTG will not collect personal information unless your personal information is necessary for the provision of our services or for statistical purposes. Personal information will be collected in a lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive manner. BTG will only collect personal information about an individual only from the individuals directly unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
BTG will not collect sensitive personal information revealing racial or ethnical origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details or health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless;
- The your consent has been obtained; or
- The collection is required or specifically authorised by law; or
- The collection is necessary to prevent or lessen a serous and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the subject of the information is physically or legally incapable of giving consent; or
- The collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Unsolicited Personal Information
- If BTG receives personal information which BTG did not solicit and the information is something BTG could not have collected under the current regulation, BTG will destroy the information as soon as practicable but only it is lawful and reasonable to do so, or ensure that the information is de-identified.
- Notification of Collection
- BTG, at or before the time or as soon as practicable after collection of information, will notify you of;
- Who we are and how you can contact us
- Individual’s right with regards to accessing the personal information BTG hold on
- The purpose for which the information was collected
- To whom BTG usually disclose the personal information collected
- Any law that requires BTG to collect particular personal information; and
- The main consequences, if any, for an individual failing to provide all or part of the information BTG require under law.
- Unsolicited Personal Information
- BTG will use best efforts to endure that the information provided remains private and is used only for the purposes agreed. BTG will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass your personal information on to a third party, other than those service providers that BTG have a binding agreement with ensuring that the third party affords personal information similar levels of protection as BTG does.
However, in order to provide you with employment services, training and community services, BTG may need to disclose your personal information to provide services specified at the point of collection or for another purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect BTG to disclose it for that purpose;
- that purpose is related the purpose specified to customers at the time of collection
- BTG reasonably believes that the use is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual life or health;
- BTG has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being engaged in, and uses the information as part of its investigation, or in reporting its concerns to the relevant authority;
- the use and disclosure is specifically authorised by law; or
- the use and disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
BTG does not use or disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing unrelated products or services. Unless BTG take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the information, BTG will not make cross-boarder disclosure of personal information:
- who is not in Australia or an external territory; and
- who is not the entity or the individual.
- BTG will not adopt as its own identifier an identifier that has been assigned by a government agency unless:
- the adoption of the government related identifier is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- if the identifier is prescribed by the regulations; and
- BTG is included in a class of organisations prescribed by the regulations; and
- the adoption, use or disclosure occurs in the circumstances prescribed by the regulations.
- where practicable, BTG will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to an individual by a government agency.
- Data Quality
- BTG will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to- date. You are encouraged to provide personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting and informing BTG of any changes to personal details on the phone or by emailing their contact.
- BTG is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information BTG take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. BTG ensure this by having such security measures as:
- individual password access to systems and databases
- secure file cabinets; and
- secure access to our offices.
- BTG will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
- Access and Correction
- BTG will provide to you, upon request, access to the personal information BTG keeps on you, unless providing access impacts on the privacy of other individuals or the request. You will be provided with the opportunity to correct that information if it is deemed to be incorrect. You may be required to fill out a form in order to obtain access to your personal information. This form can be obtained by contacting our office on (08) 9550 1111 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be some cases where we are unable to provide you access to your personal information, however BTG will explain why access was denied.
- The Internet and Your Privacy
- BTG takes reasonable steps to protect your security when using our site but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from a website is ever totally secure. While we will strive to ensure the personal information transmitted to or from our website is secure and protected from unauthorised access, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your information. Transmission is at your risk. Our web site may contain link to other sites, which are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to review those web sites directly to ascertain their privacy policies and practices.
- Resolving Privacy Concerns
- IYou are able to raise any concerns you have regarding our personal information handling practices by either discussing your concerns with a staff member at our office on (08) 9550 1111 or by emailing us at email@example.com